Essential Oils for Acupuncturists: Marc J.Gian
2012: 2 day course
- to be advised , 9am-6pm
Marc J. Gian, L. Ac, LMT, is a distinct practitioner of the healing arts with nearly fifteen years of experience. Since his studies with Jeffrey Yuen, he has developed the Essential Oils course at The Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City. Currently, it is a mandatory class for massage students. Aside from being a clinic supervisor at the college, he has a private practice in New York City, which focuses on addressing the mental and emotional issues associated with illnesses. Marc teaches NCCAOM-approved seminars on Essential Oils. As well, he holds private workshops on Mind-Body Medicine and Dreamwork.
Find out more about marc at www.marcjgian.com
During this program participants will learn and experience the value of Essential Oils and their application in Acupuncture practice. Essential Oils and Aromatherapy are very powerful tools that can increase clinical effectiveness in many patterns seen in practice. While they are excellent choices to use with physical complaints they are integral for working on the emotional and mental component of illness. The knowledge of Chinese Medicine is invaluable when providing a framework to classify, explain, and apply essential oils. In this program, we will discuss essential oils and their functions according to the parts of the plant used (i.e. Flowers calm the shen), doctrine of signatures (i.e. Rosemary grows near the sea and dries dampness), and the Wei, Ying, and Yuan levels of Qi.
Essential Oils are one of the oldest modalities used in healing and can be very powerful tools to enhance clinical effectiveness. They are the therapeutic end product of the distillation of certain peels, leaves, needles, flowers, seeds, resins, woods, roots and barks. The therapeutic properties of essential oils extend beyond the physical body and have a clear and distinct effect on emotion and moods.
- Basic History of Essential Oils
- The Role of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy in Chinese Medicine
- Classification and Functions of Oils Derived from Peels, Leaves, Needles, Flowers, Seeds, Resins, Woods, Roots and Barks based on:
- The Wei, Ying & Yuan Level
- Parts of the Plants used
- The Doctrine of Signatures
- The Relationship between Essential Oils, QI, Blood, Shen & Jing
- Safe and Effective Application of the Oils
- Practical Applications and Treatment Protocols
- Essential Oils and Affinity to Acupuncture Points
- Aromas Effect on Emotion and The Limbic System
- Basics of Blending
- Musculoskeletal Syndromes
- Respiratory Illnesses
- Digestive Disorders
- Gynecological Disorders
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Mental/Emotional Disharmony
early bird (before August 1st): £260
after August 1st: £300
at door: £300
Refunds and Cancellation Policy:
- Requests for refunds must be made in writing no later than 4 weeks prior to the seminar. No refunds will be granted after that date.